Innovatix is committed to ensuring that our members have the tools and resources they need to provide the best patient care while operating successful businesses. Whether you manage a pharmacy, long-term care facility, or oncology practice, our in-house clinical experts have developed programs to make sure that up-to-date clinical resources are always at your fingertips.
All of our clinical resources are available to members free of charge as value-added Innovatix services. They include:
- Access to our staff of eight in-house clinical experts, who have backgrounds in numerous pharmacy specialties.
- Care Solutions manuals that serve as management guides for specific diseases and conditions, highlighting information and resources to help members provide high-quality care.
- Contract Advantage tools that help members save by providing Innovatix-contracted alternatives to higher-priced non-contracted drugs.
- Updated clinical news and resources, including new drug approvals and current FDA reviews, drug patent and exclusivity expirations, pharmaceutical pricing trends, and more.
Innovatix’s in-house clinical experts—which includes registered pharmacists (RPh), doctors of pharmacy (PharmD), and medical doctors (MD)—develop and administer all of our clinical programming and resources. Our clinical team brings extensive experience in specialties across the pharmacy profession including:
- Acute care
- Home Infusion
- Internal Medicine
- Long-term Care Nursing Home Consulting
- Managed Care
- Specialty Pharmacy
Through frequent interaction with our Advisory Group members, our clinical team continually assesses and responds to member clinical needs.
Keeping our members up-to-date on the latest clinical information is a priority. As a value-added service, we offer access to complimentary continuing education (CE) opportunities through the Innovatix Institute.
Each month, more than 500 members participate in CE programs led by our clinical team. To accommodate our members, we offer a variety of opportunities and forums for earning CE:
- Lunch ‘N Learn is Innovatix’s monthly teleconference CE program for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, dietitians, and nurses. Each program is designed for providers in the long-term care and infusion markets. Members participate in these live teleconferences during their lunch hour without leaving their pharmacy or facility. Each call is hosted at two different times to accommodate members in various time zones.
See upcoming Lunch ‘N Learn CE teleconferences
- The annual Innovatix National Meeting and Exposition includes in-person CE programming. Past meetings have offered members up to 18 accredited programs. The National Meeting offers both ACPE credits for our pharmacy members and NAB-NCERs credits for nursing home administrators and dietitians.
- Each issue of our biannual publication, Insight magazine, features a written self-study CE course. All members receive a hard copy and have access to an electronic version for download.
- Accredited provider of pharmacy CE by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Certified sponsor of NAB CE for LTC administrators
- Authorized provider of ACHE CE for healthcare executives
Care Solutions Manuals
On a daily basis, our members make critical decisions about how to provide the best patient care for a variety of complex diseases and conditions. To help our members achieve the best patient outcomes, we’ve developed Innovatix Care Solutions manuals.
Innovatix Care Solutions is a comprehensive disease state management program designed to provide our members with education and resources that support their disease management initiatives. Prepared by our clinical experts, each Innovatix Care Solution manual focuses on a specific condition that requires treatment in a long-term care or home infusion setting. Care Solutions manuals are available for the following conditions:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
Each Innovatix Care Solutions manual includes recommended policies and procedures, care plans, medication selection guides, monitoring logs, protocols for identifying and managing complications, and evidence-based guides for treatment and monitoring.
Innovatix Care Solutions manuals are available as a complimentary resource for Innovatix members.
Contract Advantage Tools
As a group purchasing organization, Innovatix’s core competency is ensuring that our members make purchasing decisions that provide the best value. For pharmaceuticals, that means helping our members find a lower-cost alternative for drugs that aren’t available through one of our GPO contracts.
To address this need, Innovatix has developed Contract Advantage tools for our pharmacy members. Contract Advantage helps our members save by showing the financial advantages of using Innovatix-contracted alternatives to specific higher-price non-contracted drugs. Contract Advantage tools include:
- FDA indications
- Dosing information
- Reimbursement estimates
- Costs (with and without contracted rates)
- Projected profit and savings
Our clinical team regularly produces new Contract Advantage tools when it finds an Innovatix-contracted drug that offers better value to our long-term care pharmacy, infusion pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, and oncology members.
Clinical News and Information
Our in-house clinical experts continually monitor the latest industry news and information. We curate and share the most relevant items so that our members have access to a one-stop shop for all the latest information they need to provide the highest levels of care.
Innovatix members have complimentary access to a variety of clinical resources:
- Drug Safety
- New drug approval announcements
- Drugs under review by the FDA
- Drug patent and exclusivity expirations
Drug Budget Planning
- Weekly customized RxTRA e-newsletter