Lunch ‘N Learn
- On January 21, 2016
Government Affairs Update: Payment Issues, Compounding Guidelines and HIPAA Enforcement
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
1:00 pm (ET), 12:00 pm (CT), 11:00 am (MT), 10:00 am (PT)
- Leigh Davitian, JD
Dumbarton Group, LLC, Washington DC
- Brad Kile, PhD
Dumbarton Group, LLC, Washington DC
- Shara Siegel, MS
Director of Government Affairs
GNYHA Ventures, New York, NY
(Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, LTC Administrators, and Nurses)
The purpose of this activity is to provide the participant with the knowledge needed to understand the current federal legislative and regulatory happenings.
- Identify new requirements for Medicare health care providers and suppliers to report and return overpayments.
- Summarize the status of the Medicare Home Infusion Site of Care Act of 2015.
- Describe compliance requirements of the U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Chapters , and .
- Identify federal regulatory action from the Food & Drug Administration (FDA on pharmacy compounding, including its distinct guidance for outsourcing facilities and traditional compounding pharmacies.
- Describe key elements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) privacy and security rules.
Pharmacy staff, nursing staff, LTC administrators and other members of the healthcare team involved with the regulatory compliance and quality of care given to their patients.
TYPE OF ACTIVITY
Innovatix LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program has been approved for 1 contact hour for Law Related to Pharmacy Practice. Universal activity number: 0409-0000-16-012-L03-P (Pharmacists) and 0409-0000-16-012-L03-T (Pharmacy Technicians). To receive continuing education credit, a pharmacist or technician must attend the accredited session and successfully complete and submit the on-line program evaluation form. Registrants must register no later than 10 minutes after the start of the meeting and must attend the entire meeting.
LTC ADMINISTRATOR ACCREDITATION
This educational program is approved by the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards for 1.00 clock hour for learners who successfully complete the continuing education activity (including attending the entire 1 hour session and completing and submitting the on-line evaluation).
Program Approval Number: Pending
For additional information, contact NAB at 1444 I St., NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005-2210, (202 712-9040, or www.nabweb.org.
Professional Education Services Group is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC-COA).
Professional Education Services Group is awarding 1.0 contact hour for learners who successfully complete this continuing nursing education activity (including attending the entire 1 hour session and completing and submitting the on-line session evaluation)
For questions about this nursing activity, contact email@example.com
This program is free of charge to existing and potential Innovatix members.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
- NAB Statements of Credit will be mailed to participants within 4-6 weeks, upon successful completion and online submission of the verification of Continuing Education and Program Evaluation Forms.
- ACPE Statements of Credit will be transferred to CPE Monitor within 6-8 weeks of the program, and upon completion and submission of the verification of Continuing Education and Program Evaluation Forms.
- ANCC Statements of Credit may be printed after successfully completing the session evaluation.